Mediteranian Inspired Grilled Fish
I eat fairly regularly fish as part of my diet. One of the most common methods I like to use, is to oven bake the whole fish in one go, Mediterranean style, with a little tomatoes, capsicums and mushrooms. It’s a quick, easy and nutritious meal to prepare, normally ready within half and hour. The beauty of this method is that it’s not only cooking in it’s own juices, but the run off from the fish stops the vegetables from burning or sticking to the foil. Add a little rice and you can spoon the juices over it, adding to the flavour. I hope you enjoy this recipe, as much as I enjoy eating it.
1x sea bream or any white fish, gutted and descaled
Bunch of dill
250 grams of mushrooms
Dozen cherry tomatoes
– Preheat an oven on fan bake at 175 degrees Celsius
– Slice the mushroom, tomatoes and capsicum and layer the pieces into a foil covered tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
– Wash the fish down
– Score diamond cuts into the fish which will help cook the fish evenly and allow for the dill and lemon juice to help marinate the fish.
– Season the fish with a little salt, pepper and drizzle in olive oil.
– Cut the lemon into slices, and place them within the gutted fish, reserving 3-4 slices for the outside of the fish.
– Stuff the fish with chopped dill and add with the lemon
– With the remainder of the dill, sprinkle on top of the fish, squeeze the remainder of the lemon into the cuts of the fish and rest on top of the fish
– Place in the oven and in 20 minutes time, you’ll have a healthy nutritious meal to enjoy.