Panko Crumbed Fish Fillets
This weeks dish, is a spin on the idea of crumbed fish being greasy and slightly heavy. I thought I’d make my own version of the humble dish, but this time tweak it a little as a healthier alternative by using panko crumbs.
Normally you associate panko crumbs being used in Japanese katsu dishes, giving them a light crunchy texture, they add an extra dimension to your dish when serving it. With a quick cooking time of in the oven for just 10 minutes, if you’re short on time, during the week this dish is perfect for those on the go.
500 grams of white fish fillet of your choice
120 grams of panko crumbs
2x Egg (you can use just the egg whites of a healthier alternative.
– Pre-heat the oven to 175 degree’s celsius
– Mix the dry ingredients the herbs and spices together in a large bowl
– Lightly coat the fish fillets in flour
– Beat the eggs in a large bowl and dip the fish fillets in.
– Coat the fillets in the panko mix
– Place the fillets on a large oven tray with a layer of oven foil
– Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy.